Guidance / Counseling Services
Main Number 973-266-5900
Ms. Trene' Barksdale
973-266-5900 Ext. 52010
East Orange STEM Academy Students and Families,
We are happy to welcome you to the 2020-2021 school year. The counseling team at STEM Academy looks forward to working with you and your child(ren) as we help them navigate through this new "normal" school year. Counselors will begin meeting with students this week and through next week.
Our main role as School Counselors is to be an advocate for your child; while working collaboratively with parents, students, teachers, administrators and the community as a whole. We also serve as educational specialists who assist with academic, career development, and personal/social growth.
The goals of the East Orange STEM Academy counseling program are:
- To assist students with future goal planning
- To develop personalized programs based on each student’s strengths and needs
- To help students understand themselves and others
- To assist students in identifying and dealing with problems
- To provide crisis intervention when necessary
- To coordinate referrals to school and community support services
- To serve as a resource for students, parents, teachers and administrators
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to the guidance department using the provided contact information. We are ready and excited to work with you and your child(ren).
STEM Academy School Counseling Department